Legacy Traditional School – KidsCare (LKC) provides a safe, structured, caring, enriching and affordable program led by Legacy Traditional School trained and experienced staff at all twelve campuses. LKC is designed with our busy parents in mind. LKC students remain on-site – eliminating the need for additional transportation to a child care center. LKC students participate in fun educational activities, spend time with friends and receive homework help (school days afternoon sessions). This is a brief overview, please read the LKC Parent Guide for more information.
LKC before and after school schedule
- 6:00am – 7:30am: Recreational activities in the gym
- 3:00-3:30 Snack
- 3:30-4:00 Homework help
- 4:00- 5:00 Outside time
- 5:00-6:00 Educational Games
LKC will be open on all half days at every campus. Students enrolled in full time LKC or only after school programs are automatically enrolled in half day camps. Students enrolled in part time after school programs are only automatically included on the roster if the half day is chosen as part of their weekly 3 day maximum. Otherwise, there is a separate fee.
- Annual Registration fee: $70- per family, paid once a school-calendar year (typically July to August) for all LTS campuses after the first year of operation.
- LKC Before School, Part-time (max of 3 days a week):$71.00/month – $35.50 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- LKC Before School, Full-time:$81.00/month – $40.50 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- LKC After School, Part-time (max of 3 days a week):$159.00/month – $79.50 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- LKC After School, Full-time:$198.00/month – $99.00 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- Family Maximum, Before and After school:$400- This discounted payment option is only payable on the 1st of each month.
Please note that before and after school program fees do not include day camps and breaks.
Day camps and Break fees
LKC before and after school program fees are based on 180 school days and divided by 10 months to create a consistent payment for parents. Otherwise, months without school breaks would have higher fees (more days of care per month) than months with breaks. As camp days and breaks offer care from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. breakfast, lunch, two snacks and a full day’s agenda that includes craft and play time, this is a separate level of care and an independent fee from the before and after school care program.
- The typical cost per day is $35 per student or a discounted amount of $150 for a full week per student.
Parents that utilize before and after school programs and want to sign their students up for day camps or breaks will have two payments due on months with breaks in usually October, December and March.
- Payment-Not-Received Fee: LKC requires prepayment in order for us to ensure proper staff ratios and food orders when applicable. A late fee of $30 will be applied to the family statement if payment is not received and once applied, it and the outstanding LKC fee must be paid in full for your student to resume attending LKC.
- Late-Pick-Up Fee: Children should be picked up by 6:00 pm. There is a late fee of $1 per minute, per student and your student(s) that will be charged to your family statement in SchoolCare Works and is required to be paid in full for students to resume in LKC. To avoid these fees, make sure to arrive with time to spare or make other pick up arrangements.
LKC will strive to maintain a 30:1 staff-to-child ratio. Before School 30:1, staffed by a Program assistant or program instructor. After School 30:1, staffed by Program assistants, program instructors and program administrators. A Program Administrator will provide staff and program oversight during after school hours.
- A light snacks is provided in after school care only and students are welcome to bring their own snack.
- Lunch is provided on half-days.
- Breakfast, lunch and two snacks are provided during day camps and breaks.
Please note, that Legacy KidsCare is not part of an allergy-free or nut-free district.
Checking In and Out
Before School: It is required that parents escort their child(ren) to the designated BS LKC location and recommended that they sign their child in each morning. After School: It is required that parents pick their children up at the designated LKC location and recommended that they are signed out. Please bring your family pick-up sign to show the staff when you are signing your child out.
Registration and Contact Info
Parents may register for LKC by going to the Parent Portal on their LTS campus website. Click on the SchoolCare Works tab and Create an Account if needed, then follow the Parent Quick Set Up Guide to complete registration and enrollment. Students are not considered enrolled until payment is applied.
LKC is Not Licensed, Open-Door Policy
The Legacy KidsCare program is not a licensed child care facility as defined by Arizona Revised Statutes section 36-882. As such, your child is free to check out and leave from the program site at any time. Staff cannot physically restrain a participant who is not authorized to walk home but is trying to walk home. If your child leaves, staff will begin calling the numbers listed in the Enrollment Notebook. If your child never checks-in but was expected to attend, LTS staff will try to contact you via the numbers listed in the Enrollment Notebook as well.
It is very important for you to ensure that your contact information is up-to-date and that you communicate your pick-up preferences with your child and Legacy KidsCare staff.
Medications and Student Health Services
LKC is a separate program that provides a service to Legacy Traditional Schools when school is not in session. Therefore, students do not have access to the school’s Health Assistant nor equipment stored in the Health Office. Parents will be notified by the LKC staff if an injury occurs and Emergency Medical Services will be dispatched for all emergencies. Parents can designate their children be responsible for maintaining and administering their own epi-pen or in haler medication by filling out self-administering respective forms. The forms are on the Communication tab within SchoolCare Works.
You may withdraw your child from LKC at any time. Staff may withdraw your child from LKC at any time due to safety concerns, difficult behavior, fees owed, etc. Payments are not refundable. We will make prorated refunds on payments made in advance of more than 30 days. Please complete the Program Withdrawal Form to withdraw from LKC at least 5 days before the 1st of the month(found under the Communication tab in SchoolCare Works). This will discontinue future billing. All accounts must be have a zero balance and expect to pay a registration fee again if you need to return to LKC in the same school year.